The process to attend CRCS begins by parents completing a Letter of Intent and if there are more letters of intent received than there are available seats, a lottery will be held. Completed letters of intent received after the deadline of March 1st will not be eligible for the lottery and will be placed on a waiting list in order of receipt.
Next year we are increasing our enrollment from 105 to 120 and we are also graduating our 8th grade class. This means that we anticipate having approximately 24 seats available. We are in the process of accepting Letters of Intent for the 2015-2016 school year.
The first step is to visit our Admissions Page and complete a Letter of Intent, which can be found by clicking here.
• Siblings and children of staff: All siblings of admitted students will be placed prior to holding a lottery. CRCS shall also give enrollment preference to children of the school’s full-time employees, as long as they constitute no more than 10% of the school’s total student population.
• Applicants: All names of remaining students who have submitted completed applications will be given bingo numbers and placed in a bingo ball.
• Drawing: Beginning with kindergarten, as each ball is drawn, the student will be admitted or placed on the waiting list.
• Siblings of admitted students: When a student is admitted, their siblings’ names are automatically drawn. If there is space, the siblings are admitted as well. If not, they will be placed on the wait-list.
• Admitted students: Parents of accepted students will meet with the school director for orientation and receive enrollment paperwork. This admittance remains in effect until they graduate or transfer.
• Waitlisted students: If there is no longer space available, the student will be placed on the wait-list in the order that his or her name was drawn. If an opening occurs in a given grade, students on the wait list will be contacted according to their order on the waitlist.
• Students who apply to CRCS after the lottery date: These students will be conditionally admitted only if space is available. If space is not available, they will be placed on the wait-list in the order that their completed application is received.